Resume of Scott G Jones
scott at scottgjones.com
SENIOR WINDOWS SYSTEM ENGINEER
Information Technology professional with expertise in supporting Corporate and Retail Environments, specializing in Windows Server and VMware technologies. Extensive experience in Application Integration, Development Support, Large Scale Windows system deployments, Remote Infrastructure Monitoring, Virtualization, and Project Management. Architected and executed Windows-based Point Of Sale environment of over 350 servers and 4100 registers across 81 locations.
• Virtual Infrastructure Administration
• Application Integration and Server Support
• Systems Engineering
• PCI Security
• Point of Sale Architect
• Project Management
• Systems Architect
• Remote Systems Management and Alerting
• Active Directory Management
• Microsoft Cluster Management
• Operating System Imaging Deployment
• Technical Trainer
• Currently obtaining VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4
• Currently obtaining MSCE
• Certified Novell 3.x Engineer
NEIMAN MARCUS, Irving, Texas
Senior Windows System Engineer (1996 – 2010)
• Implemented large scale deployment of 140 ESXi hosts across 70 locations, virtualizing 350 servers in process.
• Managed corporate virtual environment of 36 ESX hosts and 364 virtual machines.
• Provided third level services and support to applications groups for both in-house developments and outside vendor implementations.
• Managed and provided ongoing support for a 900 server Windows file and application server infrastructure.
• Specified and qualified new hardware for Windows servers, ESX hosts and Windows clients.
• Architected and executed existing Point Of Sale environment of over 350 servers and 4100 registers across 81 locations.
• Managed project timelines, vendor relationships, hardware purchases and services for numerous IT infrastructure projects up to $4 million in scope.
• Implemented standards, policies, and processes to support x86 based servers in the enterprise.
• Provided technology roadmaps and guided technical decisions involving infrastructure.
• Implemented and managed 900 node HP System Insight Management (SIM) system for remote monitoring of all Intel based server hardware.
• Architected Ad Hoc encryption environment to help meet Payment Card Industry requirements. Worked with 12 departments to redesign business processes to migrate 158 GB of customer data to secured area on asymmetrical encryption servers.
• Leveraged BMC Marimba, Blade Logic, IPSwitch, WhatsUp, and NetIQ for Application monitoring and alerting.
• Supported all Active Directory domains for the enterprise.
• Designed and supported development / test implementations of Microsoft Cluster Server (2003 Enterprise) and Microsoft SQL 2005.
• Created initial Windows image and ongoing deployment process for 4,100 Windows based cash registers.
• Taught numerous training sessions pertaining to various server technologies.
Manager of Capital Planning and Programming (1992 – 1996)
• Guided CEO and Senior Executive Management regarding Selling Space Layouts in new store development to ensure maximum ROI for merchandise placement.
• Generated store productivity figures (dollars per square foot) for CEO and Senior Executive Management.
• Defined, implemented five (5) year Cash Flow Forecasting process and documentation to allow strategic management of Capital expenditures.
• Produced Square Footage Programs for both new store construction and store remodels. This allowed Senior Executive Management to accurately compare like sales of merchandise strategies across the country.
• Managed and supported users of Construction Division Novell LAN.
Draftsman (1988 – 1992)
• Produced construction drawings for in house remodels of stores, and design layouts for vendor boutiques.
• Architected first CADD system at Neiman Marcus in 1989.
• Architected first PC based, 75 node Novell LAN at Neiman Marcus in 1990.
Bachelor’s of Interior Architecture, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
General studies, Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri
VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage v4 September 2009
Securing Vista and Server 2008 October 2008
Windows Server 2008 Custom Accelerated September 2008
VMware ESX 3.5, vSphere 4.0 ESX and ESXi, vCenter Server, VMware Workstation, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2000, Windows NT Server (3.51, 4.0), Novell Netware (3.x, 4.x), Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 Professional, Microsoft POSReady 2009, WinPE
Batch shell scripting, PowerShell, VBScript
Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix MetaFrame 1.8, Lotus Domino 5.0, Blackberry Enterprise Server 184.108.40.206, Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005), RSA File Security Manager, Terminal Services, Microsoft Cluster Services
VMware vSphere Client, Veeam Monitor, Veeam FastSCP, IPSwitch WhatsUPGold (12.0.2), NetIQ (3.4, 4.0, 4.3), RSA SecurID Ace Server, Dameware, VNC Viewer, Veritas NetBackup (4.6), McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, HP System Insight Manager, ICE, BMC Marimba, Ghost, Microsoft Systems Management Server 1.2, PXE
Enterprise Business Applications
Microsoft Office suite, Avaya NICE, Avaya Witness, Avaya DSI Marquee, 41st FraudNet, Aloha Point Of Sale, Lenel Systems OnGuard, Trane Tracer ES
Network Protocols / Software
DHCP, WINS, DNS, SNMP, FTP, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
HP ProLiant DL360 G2 through G6, HP ProLiant DL380 G2 through G6, HP ProLiant DL580 G2 through G6, HP Blade chassis, Host Bus Adapters, Network Interface Cards, SCSI, RAID, APC UPS, Firmware upgrades, networked printers, Ethernet, hubs